June is a terrific time of year to get outside in Utah. Who wouldn’t want to be out and enjoying the sun when the temperatures usually range from 56 to 83 degrees? There’s no better time for Utahans to attend the copious amounts of local festivals and events going on throughout the state. So, sit back, grab an ice-cold lemonade and have your planner ready to go, so you don’t miss out on these great events. Here’s a quick overview of the various Utah festivals happening this month.
Utah is a very active and fit state. With our diverse landscape and various state and national parks, it’s no surprise that Utah cities rank near the top for healthiest cities in America. Whether it’s out in the sun, under the stars, dashing through mud, or scoping out awesome airplanes or hot air balloons in the sky—these festivals are bound to leave you with a story to tell.
One event sure to draw a crowd is Bike Prom, hosted by the SLC Bicycle Collective. Last year the event brought together 2,000 formally dressed cyclists who rode their bikes to a large party hosted at the Gallivan Center.
- Skypark Aviation Festival – June 1st-2nd
- Dirty Dash Midway – June 9th
- Bike Prom, Salt Lake City Bicycle Collective – June 9th
- Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival – June 13th-16th
- Panguitch Valley Balloon Rally – June 21st
Annika said her hair was purple from the Holi Festival of Colors at the Krishna Temple, but it was worth it. – Photo Credit: @annielindss
Two of the largest culture and diversity festivals happening in Utah this month are the Holi Festival of Colors and the Utah Pride Festival, estimated to have over 80,000 attendees in total. The Indian Times has dubbed Utah’s Holi Festival as the world’s largest Holi festival. This event attracts students from all over the state and participants from all over the world. 2018 marks the 43rd annual Utah Pride Festival, featuring a community parade, booth vendors, food, celebratory events, and entertainment.
- Utah Pride Festival – June 2nd-June 3rd
- Health Food Expo – June 2nd
- Utah Scottish Festival & Highland Games – June 8th
- Holi Festival of Colors – June 9th
- Tastemakers – June 14th-15th
- Savor the Summit – June 16th
- Utah Asian Festival – June 16th
- Frontier Folklife Festival – June 22nd-23rd
- Utah Shakespeare Festival – June 28th-Oct 13th
Library Square hosts a crowd during the Utah Arts Festival – Photo Credit: @utahartsfest
The art industry is booming in Utah. Whether you’re an artist or an art enthusiast, consider exploring Utah’s art scene this June. According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, Arts and Cultural employment continues to grow in Utah. With just about 56,000 jobs, we rank #3 for fastest growth employment in this industry.
Utahans have a passion for the arts, 85% of Utahans enjoy attending art-oriented events. Do you fall into that 85%? Then the Utah Arts Festival is for you. This award winning annual festival attracts over 80,000 attendees each year. The mission of the festival is to promote the arts and enhance the quality of life in Utah through the production of an annual outdoor, multi-disciplinary event in downtown Salt Lake City. Don’t miss out on this festival and many others happening throughout the state this June.
- Springville Art City Days – June 2nd-9th
- Brigham City Arts Festival – June 9th
- Ogden Arts Festival – June 9th-10th
- Logan Summerfest Arts Faire – June 14th-16th
- Tooele Arts Festival – June 14th-16th
- Utah Arts Festival – June 21st-24th
BYU Alumni, Amber enjoying the vibes of Bonanza – Photo Credit:@amberhasalamb
Utah has historically produced and continues to produce well-known musical artists such as Lindsey Stirling, The Piano Guys, Imagine Dragons, Neon Trees, The Used, David Archuleta, Kaskade, and The Moth & The Flame. Not to mention, Utah has numerous top-notch music venues and amazing annual music festivals. One festival receiving praise from its 3-day Coachella vibes, is the Bonanza Campout in Heber. This year’s Bonanza Campout headliners include Halsey, Wiz Khalifa, and ZHU.
- Ogden Music Festival – June 1st-3rd
- Pleasant Grove Concerts in the Park – June 5th-Aug 21st
- Ogden Twilight Festival – June 7th-Aug 9th
- Red Butte Concert Series – June 12th-Sept 17th
- Utah Blues Festival – June 16th
- Snowbird Cool Air Concert Series – June 16th-Aug 11th
- Bonanza Campout Music Festival – June 22nd-24th
- Vans Warped Tour – June 30th
- Deer Valley Music Festival – June 30th-Aug 11th
Looking to get out of the house for some family friendly fun? Town festivals are vastly common in Utah throughout the summer season and highlight local heritage and history. From parades to pie eating contests, you’re bound to be entertained. Enjoy live entertainment, local culture, performers, vendors, food trucks, carnival rides, and more. Each city offers an individual schedule of their events; check it out before you go.
- Pony Express Days (Eagle Mountain) – May 25th-June 2nd
- South Jordan Summerfest – May 30th-June 2nd
- Cedar Hills Family Festival – June 4th-9th
- Saratoga Springs Splash Days – June 4th-9th
- Orem Summerfest – June 4th-9th
- Westside Festival – June 16th
- Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days – June 16th-24th
- Fort Herriman Days – June 18th -23rd
- West Haven Days – June 21st-23rd
- Lehi City Round-Up – June 23rd-June 30th
- Taylorsville Dayzz – June 28th-29th
See something you like? Make a plan to go have some fun this month with your family and friends. Notice something we missed? Comment on this post with other great activities happening this month. And—MOST IMPORTANTLY, don’t forget to pack water and sunscreen for all your adventures. Have fun!